Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I have the timing belt covers off. I want to start or running the engine with the covers off for 30 min to see any oil leaking or any unusual noise. Does this mean I have to install everything back except the timing belt covers?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
For diagnostic purposes it’s fine to run without the covers. Just make sure nothing will get in the way of the belt.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Must have the crankshaft pulley with belt guide installed to keep the belt from possibly walking off its proper alignment.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
^ Yeah just install the Crank Pulley and its safe to run it.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
For 30min of running? hell yeah... Actually that is a lot of time to keep the engine idling with no airflow.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just found out the timing belt hydraulic auto-tensioner leaks oil but it stay inside the cavity and not not spilling and dripping out yet. Bad sign and need to replace soon or ASAP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Yeah, That is why every component of the T-Belt job gets done at the same time.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found it out after I watch YouTube to check for leak hydraulic auto-tensioner. I didn’t see any oil on the tensioner housing but when I stick my finger inside the cavity yeah there is oil in there.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Deciding whether to run to Honda dealer tomorrow to get the belt and tensioner or put everything back and order the asin kit from Amazon and wait.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts