Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I had a message that my X was here, and I can pick up on Monday! I was surprised, since yesterday my dealer told me that they did not have a firm build date or VIN yet, but should be here around the 24th.

So, I called and asked what was up? My sales guy told me that a SS Touring like mine came in for someone else, but they were on vacation and did not want to take delivery for two weeks. Would I be interested in a swap? Mine was scheduled to arrive on the 24th, so it works all around. Good news!!:)

The only thing is that all my accessories from Tim are not in yet! Tim, please rush!;)

This is going to be a looooong weekend!!

Time to clean out the garage, so my new baby will have a place to sleep......

·
Registered
411 Posts
DaleB:

Just as you did, I waited long in Bay Area to get the 'X. Finally got it in LA. One piece of advise, drive at speeds no greater than 55, alternate between D5 and D4. This breaks your car very well. I get about 19MPH now in City driving.

I am sure you will not regret getting either the Navigation or the Touring Package. Both are good to have.

Good Luck and do post your dealer experiences.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Good advise on the break-in. I will pick up the car around 1 or 2 I imagine. I told the wife let's just hang out in the Springs for the night.
I just have to make sure she gets all her shopping done the night before.
I'd feel better taking that 2 hour stretch back towards the coast in the cooler part of the morning than the heat of the afternoon and then get into the metro area amidst commuter traffic.
It should help it break in nicely varying the engine speed and smoothly cruising the freeways, with stops every couple of hours.

·
Registered
206 Posts
GCK,

What is the definition of city driving? I get about 12mpg, but thats lots of short few mile trips. If I cruise on the freeway, I get 18 to 22, averaging 20.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to acuramdx.org!

Just wanted to thank all the posters here on the board, you have made my wait and experience so much better!

Your posts have turned me on to numerous things I would never have known, such as the formfit deflector, speaker upgrades, wheel possibilities, headlight upgrades, Zaino, BSM pro & cons, Flares pro & cons, etc, etc. Of course, the biggest benefit was hooking me up with Tim for some accessories savings. This board is priceless!

I wonder if dealers cruise this board? They could learn so much. Then again, maybe they would prefer it gone....;)

·
Registered
411 Posts
ifeldman:

My commute to work includes dropping of my daugher at her pre-school. I travel about 16 miles in the morning and 10 in the evening. Other than these two, I rarely drive it out for any short mile trips. I use the accord for those. The 16 miles in the morning is kind of stop and go traffic. The evening traffic is ok. I average about 19MPG. If I make a longer trip, it goes up. I never got anythign below 18 so far -> 3500 miles now.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The dealers should love this board, as it has convinced many people to buy an MDX.

·
Registered
411 Posts
DaleB:

On your way back, you will go thru a lot of fields with bugs. Your car is bound to have a lot of them stuck to it. Make sure you arrive in time to have your car cleaned. Else, most of these become a permanent part of the vehicle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts