Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did this about a year agin and I will do it again soon. I am going to flush the engine oil with the BG 109 again for my next oil change.

1. Drain the old oil when it’s VERY HOT or immediately after the engine is off
2. Fill with cheap conventional oil
3. Warm up the engine
4. Add 1/2 of bottle (32 oz bottle) of the BG 109 to the engine oil when the engine is HOT.
5. Rev up the engine to 1.5 RPM and hold for 40-45 minutes.
6. Drain the oil when it’s VERY HOT or immediately after the engine is off and remove the filter
7. Install a new a filter and fill up synthetic 5w-30 engine oil.
8. Done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2011 MDX Tech
116 Posts
You're supposed to just add 1 entire can to a warm engine, run it at 1200 rpms for 10 minutes, drain oil, change filter, add BG MOA and fill oil. I do this every 3 months and use BG 44K at every fillup.

·
Registered
335 Posts
its suppose to loosen all the crap around the rings & other deposits in the engine, and all those loose particals are going to circulate thru the engine like your main & rod bearings your cam bearings & cylinder walls, at 3k rpms for 45min would be like putting 100k miles on the engine, it will scuff everything in your engine, kerosene will do the same thing

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
its suppose to loosen all the crap around the rings & other deposits in the engine, and all those loose particals are going to circulate thru the engine like your main & rod bearings your cam bearings & cylinder walls, at 3k rpms for 45min would be like putting 100k miles on the engine, it will scuff everything in your engine, kerosene will do the same thing
false statement, almost in every way.

·
Registered
335 Posts
false statement, almost in every way.
ok, when all those particals are dislodged from the inside of your engine & suspended in your oil where do u think they go???all of the grit that loosened up is circulating thru out your engine its like running lapping compound in your oil, and at 3k for 35 minutes? your killing your engine

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
ok, when all those particals are dislodged from the inside of your engine & suspended in your oil where do u think they go???all of the grit that loosened up is circulating thru out your engine its like running lapping compound in your oil, and at 3k for 35 minutes? your killing your engine
Well, BG109 work only at the ring area, it is not good sludge cleaner (you compared it to kerosene). You can flush your engine with kerosene and there will be no compression increase but there will be compression increase after BG.
There will be zero increase wear to the engine, also there is no need to rev it to 3000 or even 2500 rpms for 45min.
Per almost every engine "flushing" product one of the requirements is to bring engine to operating temperature. This will ensure oil filter valve bypass will be closed and, if any material will be trapped in filter media. But there is a catch, in theory, it is possible to damage oil pump. All particles, if any will hit oil pump first, before going to the filter. Thats why there is a warning not to use engine "flushes" on neglected engines.

So no, you are not killing your engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did this about a year agin and I will do it again soon. I am going to flush the engine oil with the BG 109 again for my next oil change.

1. Drain the old oil when it’s hot
2. Fill with cheap conventional oil
3. Warm up the engine
4. Add 1/2 of bottle of the BG 109 to the engine oil when the engine is HOT.
5. Rev up the engine to 3k RPM and hold for 30-45 minutes.
6. Drain the oil and remove the filter
7. Install a new a filter and fill up synthetic 5w-30 engine oil.
8. Done

Please tell me there is an alternative to sitting in the car trying to maintain 3,000 rpm for 30-45 minutes.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
use a stick and put one end against the gas pedal other end against the seat bottom plastic. Move seat forward until accelerator is pressed to right RPM. I wouldn't go that high of RPM, 1500 should be fine.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
use a stick and put one end against the gas pedal other end against the seat bottom plastic. Move seat forward until accelerator is pressed to right RPM. I wouldn't go that high of RPM, 1500 should be fine.
CS,
Yeah 1500 rpm for 30 minutes.
Question regarding the mopar ccc. I might want to try again this summer but instead of using pump to suck out the excess can I just keep cranking the pistons without the plugs to get rid the chemical excess or debris? I am having engine pings like before.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
CS,
Yeah 1500 rpm for 30 minutes.
Question regarding the mopar ccc. I might want to try again this summer but instead of using pump to suck out the excess can I just keep cranking the pistons without the plugs to get rid the chemical excess or debris? I am having engine pings like before.

It did not work to good last time and i think your compression rings no good anymore.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got it done yesterday and the smoke smelled fresh and odorless out of the exhaust! Before it was smelled like burning carbon mixed with gasoline.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did you follow the instructions on the can or did you do it your way?
I followed DZ instructions. My car seems to run quieter. Maybe because I used penzoid ultra premium 5-30 or now the weather is warmer.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just bought a can of MOPAR combustion cleaner and will spray the whole can through the intake (when the engine is VERY HOT) and let it soaks overnight.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts