Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
@Localbar

Hi localbar,

First, thank you for your detailed post about the issues you had with your mdx. I am currently going through the same mess.
I finally took it to the dealer and they said the throttle body wasn’t that dirty. Was that the case for you or was it noticeably dirty?? I am tempted to have the in clean it anyway then reprogram like you mentioned in your post.

·
Registered
2 Posts
To circle back to this, in case anyone has a similar issue....Acura suggested I replace the throttle body ($580) and perform a fuel induction cleaning ($180) since there was so much build up in the throttle body. So, we did just that.

Picked up the car after they were finished and the car gave me the same issues yet again within a few miles of driving it. Took it back and they are telling me it's a new problem and they are getting the too lean code (I believe it is the same set of codes you got localbar after cleaning your throttle body). They didn't tell me which codes, but it looks like it is the P0174 and P0171 by there description (too lean on Bank 1). They are not sure what is causing it so they sent the info in to Acura to get some help. They're also trying to suggest that it is an unrelated issue (my guess is to get me to pay for additional services) though I have pleaded with them that it is the same behavior as last time. I have suggested to them to recalibrate the throttle body (based on what you experienced localbar, since our problems seem too similar).

Localbar, would you mind giving me the name of the dealer and tech you used? I would like to see if that tech can communicate with the tech working on my car to explain to him how to fix the issue. My dealer is a bit lost here - they've never seen anything like this.
@Bwmorkos, How did you end up fixing the P0174 and P0171 error codes?

21 - 22 of 22 Posts