Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

following some recommendations here, i replaced the stock sub with a shallow-mount 8" Pioneer TS-SW2002D2 .
Since replacing it, i've found i've got less bass now.
Also, there's a "surging bass" sound when i start the truck up.
Did i mess something up?

also - am i correct to assume the wire with the stripe on it is ground?

·
Registered
577 Posts
The improvement is not dramatic but it certainly shouldn't be worse. If you got the wires reversed this might well cause audio problems, as it reverses the phase which I think would cancel the sub-bass from the front door speakers. Of course you should check the usual suspects: the sub output on the second page of the equalizer settings, the fader set to output in the rear (source for the subwoofer signal).

I don't recall the wire code, but that shouldn't have been a problem. The sub is marked for + and -, and has a 3/16" tab for one and a 1/4" tab for the other (you can always look at the removed sub to check polarity). I made a short adapter pigtail for each line with the appropriately sized connector so it is easy to keep track. If you cut the connectors off so the bare wire could clamp to the sub you would have lost this cue, and should have marked the wires before doing so. I don't have the wiring color/stripe code so I can't help with that (I'm not going to tear the car apart to look, sorry). You can get this info by paying $10 and have access to the online service manual and schematics for a day. Perhaps someone else remembers...

Greg

·
Registered
577 Posts
You have to disable the ANC. You have to unplug it and it is located behind the glove box.
I have read elsewhere that this is necessary when a different subwoofer amp is installed, not when just the speaker is replaced. I have not had any problem from the ANC by changing the subwoofer in my MDX, nor do I see how it would be a problem for the ANC. The amp is a different matter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts