Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to have exterior lighting on the side of my awaited MDX.

So when I hit the remote, it triggers lights to illuminate the ground,and surrounding area.

Could run off the same timer as the interior light I imagine..

could it be as simple as just running a couple wires on each side, and using a HO led? small hole drilled on the bottem of the mirrors?

What do you think?

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Mindcore said:

So when I hit the remote, it triggers lights to illuminate the ground,and surrounding area.

could it be as simple as just running a couple wires on each side, and using a HO led? small hole drilled on the bottem of the mirrors?

What do you think?
It's possible, connect with existing interior lighting circuit. If you don't mind 'drilling' into your MDX. There may be alternatives like snaking wires through the mirror assembly. Maybe have an LED behind the side mirror itself might have an interesting effect, as well as provide light for accessing vehicle at night.
I do like those ones that shine down from the bottom of the mirrors, they are cool. Of course if you are only interested in lighting the ground, you could have the leds underneath the car, and probably mount with double back tape, etc.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
DaleB said:
Not that I am aware.
Me neither. Neat idea though...I like those "puddle lights" on the bottoms of the rearview mirrors that the Lexus LS430 has.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Tim!

pretty much the same, still Vince and my playground.

the 14 years olds are getting a little anoying however.

So are we going to get you out to our annual S2K meet next summer?

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Mindcore said:

What do you think?
I think its a great idea. Hmm I wonder if there are any "kits" available? have to research...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts