Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Is this a typo?

There is actually head-up display in Sport Hybrid fitted MDX 2018 model year?

I cannot post link or image unfortunately. How many posts do you need for that?

3.0L V-6 Engine with 3-Motor Hybrid System
$3,500
Requires Sport Hybrid Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
CLOSE
The MDX Sport Hybrid uses a smaller, lighter 3.0-liter, V-6 that by itself produces 257 peak horsepower. Joining the engine in powering the front wheels is an exciting and efficient 47 horsepower electric motor that’s located in the transmission housing. All power generated is run through an assertive 7-Speed Dual-Clutch Transmission (DCT). There are two additional 36 horsepower motors mounted side-by-side between the rear wheels that operate independently of each other to create sporty and agile torque vectoring in turns.

Altogether, the system nets:

321 horsepower66
289 lb.-ft. of torque66
EPA Fuel Economy Ratings27 of 26 / 27 / 27 MPG (city / highway / combined)
Additional features included with the Sport Hybrid system are:

Electronic gear selector
Head-Up Display
Reactive Force Accelerator Pedal
Electric air conditioning with air quality sensor
LED fog lights
Smoked chrome finish for front grill
Exclusive 19-inch machine-finished, noise-reducing wheels

Thanks much.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
AFAIK, that is a typo. There is a primitive led strip that flashes (and reflects in the windshield) when the CMBS alerts... but I think it’s misleading to call that a HUD.

·
Registered
58 Posts
AFAIK, that is a typo. There is a primitive led strip that flashes (and reflects in the windshield) when the CMBS alerts... but I think it’s misleading to call that a HUD.

We have that “HUD” in our 2016 advanced w/entertainment as well. That is just for flashing alerts like “brake” in Amber. It is not a True HUD like Infinity or Lexus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
Has anyone noticed that is certain sunlight conditions, the "HUD" unit reflects up onto the windshield all the time, when it's not giving a warning? The cover over the led's is very reflective.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Has anyone noticed that is certain sunlight conditions, the "HUD" unit reflects up onto the windshield all the time, when it's not giving a warning? The cover over the led's is very reflective.
Yes,I have noticed that also. But then under certain conditions you can see the top of the dash in the windshield in almost any car.

·
Registered
801 Posts
As others have indicated there is a head up display in the mdx, however it is limited to a few alerts (like front collision avoidance warning). It doesn't provide full head up functionality such as speed, navigation, audio, etc.

The redesigned RDX will have fully feature head up display, so I would venture to guess the next gen mdx will as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.