Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 MDX Tech sh-awd. Happened to catch this today when the light hit it just right. Both headlights have the same what looks like a crack in them on the inside. It looks like a stress crack but both headlights are original and the cracks identical. Is this by design? I wonder what lights on a 2017 or 2018 with almost no miles look like? This car has 30,000 but I can see that with the hard right plastic parts could crack too. I kinda wonder if it is a crack how many of us have the same issue?

Driver side

Passenger side

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Not a crack. Just a line from the mold. Looks normal, to me.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mine has them as well. So their either totally normal or we both have f'd up headlights.... :D

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FYI - it lights up with a flashlight on it like a crack does. I am not convinced it is a cast mark - but if is by design then I am not worried about it.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Same deal on both sides of our 2014. Same contour. The discontinuity doesn't extend to the outside, so it's not a crack. I think it may be a feature of the manufacturing process. If it's a "design feature" its purpose eludes me.

·
Registered
500 Posts
'17 here, exact lines on both sides.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am beginning to think they put it together in two pieces that don't always align perfectly hence the dogleg at the top of my top image.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts