Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to pull out some change from the tray a couple of nights ago and could not see whether it was pennies or dimes I was pulling out without having to turn on the other interior lights. I know in my Maxima there is a light inside the tray and I thought the MDX had one but maybe it's burned out. Can someone please verify before I take it back to the dealer if it is burned out?

Thanks in advance!
Ed

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Im sure if you opt for the ashtray it will be lighted. If you do not it will not be lit. Kinds stupid if you ask me.

EDIT

Just checked the install PDF on Tims site and if you do opt for the ashtray the new harness that comes with the kit includes a light. I wonder if you can just order the harness with out the kit and if there is not problem swapping out the harness affect the current socket

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Here is the part from the PDF files

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to everyone for the responses. Now I won't look like an idiot at the dealer arguing that the light burned out when in fact there is no light.:p

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
You know what I just went ahead today and ordered the cig lighter from Tim so I can get the light. BTW he confirmed you cannot just get the harness. It was only 20 dollars gove or take. So as long as I get the little light its fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts