1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Looks like pretty much off-brand stuff at so-so prices. Some of these "bargins" are the kind of stuff that those carnival type "car stereo discount faire" shows specialize in. In general an OK replacement for a trashed ghetto cruiser, but not the kind of thing you'd want to waste your time on with a newer vehicle.

MannyE said:
I ask because the prices seem pretty low...unless of course, this is the scam is seems to be and it's so crappy it's overpriced for what it is.

But since I know NOTHING about these brand names....who knows?

Some of the subs seem pretty cool.

http://www.a1discountcaraudio.com/subcatmfgprod.asp?0=396&1=397&2=1085

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you mean I finally found the perfect system for my 74 Buick? LOL I don't really have a 74 Buick...I'm just making a joke! :rolleyes:

Anyway...thanks for the advice. There were some familiar brand names in there like Infinity...(a limited selection) but the prices just seem to low to be true...or to be quality merchandise.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Actually-

Actually the PYLE tweeters and subs and mids are actually very good.

If you are into building your own audio systems for your car Pyle is not bad.

As for the other brands on the URL(website) link...I dont know about.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Its nice to hear some good things about Pyle. I had some old Pyle Drivers (before they reorganized or were bought out) in my old Cherokee and I really liked them. They had huge magnets on them and put out a nice tight bass punch. Probably the best bass I've heard from from a 5 1/4 inch speaker. I initially wanted to put them in the MDX, but that huge magnet wouldn't fit.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seems like there may be some treasure, but you have to have a good eye huh?

Personally, even though I do enjoy building my own system, I am not familiar enough with the auto brand names and model numbers to take any chances on a purchase in here...it's like picking out the good LPs in a thrift shop, if you don't know what you are doing, you'll buy a whole bunch of crap you can't listen to!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts