Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should have checked this on the MDX I saw earlier in the week, but I just now realized that they might have moved the thing...

Somebody was rattling on about the NAVI DVD drive unit be tucked up in the rear cargo walls...

Now Crikey is suggesting that TOUR/NAVI/RES == no in dash CD changer...

LET'S GET THIS STRAIGHT!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Having the Navi head unit changes the changer to be under the seat. As for the location of the DVD unit, I believe (?) it is under the passenger seat.

Anyone?

·
Registered
319 Posts
It's my understanding that if you have the NAV and RES, the center console has a single CD player and the RES DVD player. The NAV DVD player is under the driver seat. An additional 6-disc CD player is under the passenger seat.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Arzoo said:
It's my understanding that if you have the NAV and RES, the center console has a single CD player and the RES DVD player. The NAV DVD player is under the driver seat. An additional 6-disc CD player is under the passenger seat.
For some reason, I thought the 6-cd changer was going to be in under the driver seat; the DVD player (which perhaps can play a cd as well?) was in the center console, and the NAV DVD player, not needing to be accessed as much, was, like Cheney, in an undisclosed location such as the rear walls.

For some reason documentation on this has been sparse! The dealer here had no idea.

I can tell you in a week for sure! :cool:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Having sat in two RES's, the DVD is located right in front of the shifter, and the in-dash CD player is a one-disc setup.

The 6 Disc CD changer is then put under the driver's seat, with a magazine type set-up to load the discs.

I've read, too that the Navigation and Navigation RES models will now have the navigation DVD located somewhere in the "trunk area," wherever that might be.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
499 Posts
The Navi DVD player is under the passenger seat!:1:

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
casique: I don't think it is there anymore. I remember a post stating it was in the rear trunk area. Probably in the stowaway for the 3rd row seats.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Could be, but my salesman told me it was under the passenger seat. Not that he knows whats going on either....

I'll let you know on 3 Dec, that's when I return from a trip (military) and pick up my waiting 03 (black/saddle touring, navi, RES, tow pack, runn boards and body sie moldings).

It arrives on the 27th of Nov, but I'll be gone till 3 Dec. :1:

·
Registered
499 Posts
hockeyplayer said:
casique: I don't think it is there anymore. I remember a post stating it was in the rear trunk area. Probably in the stowaway for the 3rd row seats.
MDX-Ray said:
The Navi DVD, with the "PC Card" expansion slot, is under the passenger seat.
This guy just got an X with NAVI!:1:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Too busy to get inside!

I was running around like Ray Liotta in Goodfellas (without the blow, horse, or helicopters, thankfully) Saturady but I managed to peak in the window of a MBP Touring/RES.

The DASH mount CD slot <u> CLEARLY </u> says "SIX CD CHANGER".

Now, I suppose they could have just used the same trim as the non-NAVI unit, but that sure sounds BIZARE.

FOR THE LAST TIME -- IS THE DVD-ROM for the NAV in the same place as in 01 & 02?? Is the CD changer built into the dash?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts