1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the MDX a good Date vehicle?

The MDX is way cool, with a lot of backseat room:rolleyes:
But yet a sporty car (like my TL-S) is also way cool:cool:

What do you think, is the MDX a good vehicle to date in?

·
Registered
392 Posts
i'm an ol' married guy, so my only dates usually are the pitted kind. if i'm eating in a car, i'd prefer not to get the x dirty! :)

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
For those of you who've come aboard in the past year or so, if you haven't seen it, you should check out MyTonka's Official "Road Test" Thread. It was the inspiration for a great avatar that Roadrunner made for him :)

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually I aimed this thread at us old married guys

edepa said:
i'm an ol' married guy, so my only dates usually are the pitted kind. if i'm eating in a car, i'd prefer not to get the x dirty! :)
You can tell by the questions that I am more referring to dating your spouse:D - you do still date your spouse right?
Hence the question should read: when you and your spouse go out (alone - no kids:rolleyes: ) which car do you prefer?
Of course all of our single members can voice their opinion as well:p

·
Registered
392 Posts
Re: Actually I aimed this thread at us old married guys

msu79gt82 said:

You can tell by the questions that I am more referring to dating your spouse:D - you do still date your spouse right?
Hence the question should read: when you and your spouse go out (alone - no kids:rolleyes: ) which car do you prefer?
Of course all of our single members can voice their opinion as well:p
That sheds a different light on this question! The car I prefer for dates with spouse is a porsche carreira. However, since I don't own one, :2:, we manage in the X, which, other than the ol' Lexus LS a few years back, is the one best and nicest vehicle I've ever owned, which include a recently ownded ML320. In fact part of the reason for the ML and now for the X is that it can serve as a really handy utility vehicle to get kids off to camp and college, yet looks really nice when we drive up to a wedding celebration.:18:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
unfortunately no . . .

My wife is only 5' tall (shall we say vertically challenged to be PC) :rolleyes: therefore if she is decked out in a evening dress or a short mini skirt w/heels, she does not like having to climb in & out of the 'X - even with the Manik side steps . . . which kinda works out since that normally leaves me as the prefered sole driver :2:

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ditto the steps

socalJD said:
My wife is only 5' tall ... therefore if she is decked out in a evening dress or a short mini skirt w/heels, she does not like having to climb in & out of the 'X - even with the Manik side steps ...
My wife is 5' 1" and she found getting into the X (at the time w/o steps) wearing mini-skirts a challenge. It was either stop wearing short skirts or get steps:rolleyes: See my new signature below:2:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
My wife is 5'0' and has no problem getting in & out of the MDX w/o side steps - however she admists the RX is WAY easier............

·
Registered
421 Posts
I love the MDX

MDX is the pimp mobile, System, Windows down at the beach, bunch of looks. hehe I love it.

MDX=Pimp car

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
msu79gt82 said:
The MDX is way cool, with a lot of backseat room:rolleyes:
But yet a sporty car (like my TL-S) is also way cool:cool:

What do you think, is the MDX a good vehicle to date in?
I'm a married man with a daughter of 19 months, but if I had the ability to have an MDX when I was dating I would of been in heaven. It would be the ultimate dating machine. It would impress the date, and have interior room to complete the date on the right note!!!!

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Re: Re: Is the MDX a good Date vehicle

paul123 said:

I'm a married man with a daughter of 19 months, but if I had the ability to have an MDX when I was dating I would of been in heaven. It would be the ultimate dating machine. It would impress the date, and have interior room to complete the date on the right note!!!!
Complete the date? Brings up all kinds of Freudian possibilities.

With "The Thud"? Leaky mirrors? Sloshing gas tank? Hairy seat? Clacking noise when you put it in reverse?

That's probably enough for now ...

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Is the MDX a good Date vehicle

wmquan said:

Complete the date? Brings up all kinds of Freudian possibilities.

With "The Thud"? Leaky mirrors? Sloshing gas tank? Hairy seat? Clacking noise when you put it in reverse?

That's probably enough for now ...
That was the purpose, to leave it open for your imagination to complete!
Everyone can imagine there own ending.
Having not dated for 20 years, everyone today now has many different interpretations of this.
All being very good and satisfying.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just look at the poll - Confused is winning!

paul123 said:
Having not dated for 20 years ...
As I stated earlier I actually started this poll with us old married folks in mind! Just because we are married now does not mean we stop dating (going out with) our spouse:rolleyes:

I believe that to have a healthy marrriage requires that spouses regularly go out together alone. I know that this is tough for younger couples with young children (been there, done that - hence that poll answer), but getting a baby sitter every once in a while and going out is a very good thing to do:2:

Glad to hear from the single folks, but I'm challenging all the old married folk to go out this weekend - we can't let the "What's a Date" answer win the poll:(

·
Registered
392 Posts
Re: Just look at the poll - Confused is winning!

msu79gt82 said:

As I stated earlier I actually started this poll with us old married folks in mind! Just because we are married now does not mean we stop dating (going out with) our spouse:rolleyes:.........Glad to hear from the single folks, but I'm challenging all the old married folk to go out this weekend - we can't let the "What's a Date" answer win the poll:(
I agree, we've been dating for all of our thirty years (oh my god!) of marriage. I'll definitely go out this weekend, and probably with my wife! :D

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I must be older than most of you 'cause I can't remember what a date is

·
Registered
392 Posts
srpbep said:
I must be older than most of you 'cause I can't remember what a date is
I'm shocked at you, srbbep! being from california and all and not know what a date is??? It is a sweet fruit that i believe grows on a date palm and is often dried and pitted before being served. No matter how old i get, i can always enjoy a good date! <grin>:D But, I'd never eat one in the X!;)

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
edepa ... Come on, give me a break. At my age:

** I DO know what prunes are!!

** My memory capacity seems to vary inversely with my age.

Anyway, aren't prunes and dates sorta similar?

:5: :confused: :17:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts