Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can hardly feel enough when the ventilation seat is set at max and AC is on. I do hear the fan noise but I couldn't feel anything. Am I supposed to?

I have 17 Elite in Canada

·
Registered
37 Posts
I know that I have a 14 and when I turn vented seats on I feel cool air but it's been so hot lately I can't feel any cool air.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
I can feel cool air on vented seats / on low setting / for my 13 Elite.
Now.. its hot [well for this old Canuck anyways..LOL] and I am wearing VERY light clothing.
but, if i were wearing a new pair of jeans... well the outcome/observation would probably be different.
my 2c
J.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I had a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee and the ventilated seats were VERY noticeable even on low. Unfortunately, I can hardly feel anything on HIGH setting in my 17 Advance. I can feel nothing at the lower settings. The "nature of the beast", I guess.

·
Registered
154 Posts
My 2015 Advance seats are definitely heated and cooled(cooled not just ventilated) with optional settings of 1,2 or 3 for both heat and cold.

·
Registered
51 Posts
depends what you're wearing i guess. When wearing jeans I hardly notice it. When wearing shorts it feels cooler than the temp inside the car, but not cold like I"m sitting on top of a dashboard vent.

The most noticeable thing is the sound the fan makes!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so it seems it's normal. i wear jeans or dress pants most of the time. there're times that i wear shorts but i don't think i felt anything. maybe i should tried again bottomless

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Does seem like from the diagrams that the air is only cold when the AC is on because it draws from the ambient air pulled from under the seat where a vent exists nearby.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well, I have found a much bigger difference than in my friend's from DSRLeasing Mustang GT 2017. It was barely noticeable there, but I guess this may be some issue and I advised him to go check it out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
some manufactures are simply "ventilated" not "cooled"

That was the case with my 2013 Nissan Maxima which was cooled.
My 2015 Lexus with simply "ventilated"

Hope that helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts