Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

3 weeks ago I bought a CPO 2015 MDX AWD Tech package with 26,6xx miles. It's my first car and I guess I got overwhelmed and didn't read all the paper work before signing. Anyway, on the 182 point check list I notice that not everything is checked. Mainly checkpoints 159-182 were not checked off. I also did not sign it nor did the dealership. And I received two key fobs but no valet key. I did buy the extended warranty. There are also 2 scratches on the rear bumper that are larger than a dime (which is what the paperwork says is the maximum allowed) Did I screw up? Is there anything I can do? Im really loving this car. Mechanically it seems to be in great shape and I really love the car but these are pressing issues to me. :/

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
26K is really good for a 2-3 year old car (Considering the standard 15K Average per year).
Valet key is the first to be lost, When I bought my MDX I only got 1 main FOB only.

I would not give it a second thought unless you are really uncomfortable with the exterior flaws, If the car is mechanically and feature wise sound and functioning better not test waters just because of some cosmetic scratches.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
26K is really good for a 2-3 year old car (Considering the standard 15K Average per year).
Valet key is the first to be lost, When I bought my MDX I only got 1 main FOB only.

I would not give it a second thought unless you are really uncomfortable with the exterior flaws, If the car is mechanically and feature wise sound and functioning better not test waters just because of some cosmetic scratches.
Yeah the mileage was fantastic! I'm not too concerned with the valet key but the fact that only 158/182 inspection items were checked concerns me a bit. As for the scratches, I care more about the mechanical aspects of the car but cant help but wonder if they could have fixed it. It does bother me, but I could perhaps learn to deal with it and consider it a lesson learned. For reference, here are the scratches

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another thing that concerned me was that the maintenance book is of course blank and Im worried if differential fluids as well as AT fluids were ever changed/drained. Anyway to find that out?

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Man those are nasty scratches....
Unless the services were done at the dealership? is next to impossible to find records elsewhere.. Try the dealership where you bought the car an make them run the VIN to know if there are any maintenance records.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man those are nasty scratches....
Unless the services were done at the dealership? is next to impossible to find records elsewhere.. Try the dealership where you bought the car an make them run the VIN to know if there are any maintenance records.
Ok I will do that. If the results are unsatisfactory I will do them myself. However in regards to the scratches, anything that can be done? Or do I have to just bite the bullet?

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
You only bought it 3 weeks ago so just contact the dealer and ask them your questions - ask about the non-checked items 159-182, ask about the fluid changes, and anything else you have in mind.

A CPO vehicle is still a used vehicle - not a guaranteed blemish free vehicle. You should have checked the vehicle out closely before agreeing to buy it. Since you apparently missed the scratches on it, my guess is you're stuck with them and you'll have to decide whether to leave them or fix them (I'd leave them - it's on a bumper of a used vehicle). You can always ask the dealer if they'll fix them for free but they're not obliged to and I doubt they will. Maybe they'll at least give you a free bottle of touch-up paint for it.

On the upper scratch on the bumper - you could always buy the rear bumper chrome add-on piece which I think will likely cover that scratch from the way it appears n your pic. That'd cost some money but if you like that look and are willing to pay for that option that'd also take care of the scratch.

I think 'Skirmitch' is right - the owner of the vehicle probably set aside any extra keys and they weren't turned in with the vehicle. It's probably not worth worrying about.

If the dealership cant produce records of the fluids being changed at their dealership or another Acura dealership, you should just go ahead and change all the fluids including the oil and oil filter. You won't hurt anything by changing the fluids early and you can have peace of mind and a record that they were done.

·
Registered
2017 MDX
205 Posts
Check the carfax. Some maintenance is reported there depending on who performed it. Call the selling dealer and ask if it was CPO or just check the sales paperwork.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.