Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • I have a 2004 mdx touring and well the problems date back to August. In August our ac just gave out doesnt even blow air. We took it to a mechanic who said it was probably the computer cause they couldnt find anything wrong with the air. Then we noticed the back passenger door wont lock or unlock with the power locks. We never thought anything of it. Then a couple days ago the front passenger started to do the same thing it wouldn't lock. The next day we put the front passenger window down & it wont go back up. In our attempt to get it up the back passenger window proceeded to go down by itself we got that one back up & put the window lock. Then I tried to start the car and it wouldn't but all the light functions were flickering and so dim. So I'm thinking it's the alternator but I want to be sure anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Start by getting the battery load tested. I've seen some really weird things happen when the car isn't getting the proper and steady voltage from the battery. The alternator can be perfectly fine and these kinds of things still happen, though it's not totally unheard of for a bad alternator to finish off an already weak battery.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts