Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...does the "wood" trim in the X look really cheesy? I have the base model so no extra "wood" around the instrument or steering wheel and to tell you the truth, I wish it didn't even have the "wood" inserts around the door controls.

I think Acura should either use real wood or stick to a nice brushed aluminum/nickel or even matte plastic finish. Has anyone ever removed the "wood" stuff and replaced it with something else?

After 9 days with my new X, this is one of the few things I can even think to comment on - tells you just how good this rig really is. :29:

out

spud

·
Registered
11,138 Posts
I have the 02 and agree with you 100%.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Spud said:
......I think Acura should either use real wood or stick to a nice brushed aluminum/nickel or even matte plastic finish. Has anyone ever removed the "wood" stuff and replaced it with something else?
Spud, There have been lengthy discussions on this "plood"/wood/aluminum finishes, pro and con. Do a search, and you'll see what I mean. Personally, I'm not impressed by real wood trim. My wife has wood in her Benz, and after a few years, the wood has faded and cracked. I'd take the "plood" look vs. cracking wood, in the long run....:4:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I totally agree. It's the 'cheesiest' plood I have ever seen. Especially the door's part. I wish either they use real wood, or no wood.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
A2MDXer said:
Didn't they change the color/look of the plood in '03. From what I remember it's brighter/lighter now. Personally, I like the old plood better than the new plood.;)
Ditto. :4:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts