Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

IPOD not supported?

4K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  mjeplus4 
#1 ·
Good morning,

I tried plugging in my ipod into the usb under the armrest and the display said not supported?

anyone have an idea whats going on?

#7 ·
Devices that simply provide an audio feed are not supported. Devices must contain a file system that interfaces with the car. So, for example, MP3 players (e.g. Sansa Clip) are usually not supported. USB flash drives containing audio files are usually supported. And, as Maik just noted, you cannot use Android Auto or Apple Carplay at the same time as playing from the USB input.

#9 ·
2022 Technology, purchased used about a month ago. Had same issue. iPod and iPod nano that have 16 pin connections didn't work. Picked up a 5th gen iPod on eBay with the lightening connection and it works. Realize I could just use my iPhone but like the ability to create podcast playlists for long drives, something that can't be done with iPhone. Reluctant to update car software because not sure if problems others are having are due to updating car software.

#11 ·
I didn't. I figured the 16 pin connection might have been the problem and gambled by buying the oldest (cheapest) version iPod that had a lightening connection.So far so good, but I am still reluctant to do a software upgrade. If Acura decided to engineer out older iPods with 16 pin connections I fear they could apply that same faulty logic and engineer out all iPods with a future update.

#13 ·
Good morning,

I tried plugging in my ipod into the usb under the armrest and the display said not supported?

anyone have an idea whats going on?
I tried my ipod, my wife's ipod and my 5th generation ipod touch, none of which worked using the cable. I can use the touch once I remembered it has bluetooth. I found some Acura documentation that stated non of the ipods work but I'll be darned if I can remember where I found it.

#16 ·
I have another question. Is there anyway to have the car stereo connect to my apple airpods to play thru the car radio. I can use the airpods when my iphone is connected but cannot get the car radio to play thru just the airpods alone. This would be very helpful on long trips when wife is sleeping and i want to listen without waking her......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.