Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently since I got my iPhone 14 Pro MAX, all the calls I receive and make that isn't an iPhone doesn't come through the MDX's headunit. Instead I have to switch to Speaker phone everytime, which is a PITA. Is this an iOS issue or does iPhones HATE Hondas? Also happened on my previous iPhone 12 Pro. Any help or suggestion is helpful!

· Registered
2016 MDX Tech FWD
8 Posts
Recently since I got my iPhone 14 Pro MAX, all the calls I receive and make that isn't an iPhone doesn't come through the MDX's headunit. Instead I have to switch to Speaker phone everytime, which is a PITA. Is this an iOS issue or does iPhones HATE Hondas? Also happened on my previous iPhone 12 Pro. Any help or suggestion is helpful!
Hey friend, are you doing this through your GROM unit that you installed or the normal infotainment system?

· Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Registered
993 Posts
I have a 12 pro max, when receiving call with the button on the steering wheel/ touch screen in the lower screen, the call will be answered in the car speaker. If I am making call from the car, the call will also play out in the car speaker automatedly, the only exception is if I making call from my phone, the call will be answered thru the phone, I have to manually switch to car in order to speak and listen thru the car system.

· Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is an interesting observation. So with mine, even without connecting it to the GROM, it won't send the call to the HU from incoming calls or outgoing. Looks like I have to wire in the Microphone that came with the GROM to see if this fixes the issue. If not, I do have plans going back to Android once I pay off this iPhone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts