Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses but the assumptions about it working are not necessarily valid. I have an '08 TL....my 6 does not work with that. It's because the BlueTooth Technology changed, which it can do apparently at any point. So, while I appreciate the input about the 7, I would still sure like to hear from anyone who is using an 8.

·
Registered
70 Posts
You are right, Bluetooth Protocols change but they are always backwards compatible. So while iPhone 8 has support for BT 5 and older meaning it will work on all BT units which support older protocols like the version 2.0 in the 2011 MDX(I have same) as well 2008 TL. So I am surprised as to why an iPhone 6(which supports BT 4.2 and older) doesn't work in your TL.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
do any other phones in your TL work? Is it possible your HFL went bonkers?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
As I said....My iPhone 4 worked. It stopped working when I got a 6.
That's not the same thing... Causation/correlation, and all that.

To rule out the HFL going bad you'd have to try the iPhone 4 AFTER the iPhone 6 failed.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Can I even try that without having service on the 4?
Should be able to. I’ve tried calls on phones w/o SIM cards, before and they still connect to the tower and will play messages if you try to place a call — although the call doesn’t connect, obviously.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Can I even try that without having service on the 4?
Yes, you should see the BT logo in your display once connected. So that would be your first proof of BT connectivity.

If you want further proof of connection then try what p07r0457 has mentioned.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.