Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from California, just picked up a high mile good condition Gen 2 car, with Tech Pkg, almost 200k miles, but engine was rebuilt by Acura to address oil consumption only a few thousand miles ago. The car has seen alot of use in its 10 year life, but seems to have been kept in good condition overall. The prior owner bought the car as a Certified Car and subsequently took Acura USA to task when oil consumption got real bad, and the engine was resealed with fresh pistons on Acura's dime only 5k miles ago.

Any advice from Gen 2 owners on how to keep this car going well into the next decade would be appreciated. I know about religious fluid changes and sticking to the maintenance schedule.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Welcome to the family!

I have a 11 MDX Adv+Ent with almost 150,000 miles. I'm around 1 1/2 qts of oil burned per 9000 mile oil change interval (use Mobil 1 since purchase in 2014 with 30,000 miles). My 11 MDX has been very reliable and most issues I've had were covered by Acura's basic or Acura Care warranties on the vehicle. I just stick to the M.I.D. maint schedule with the exceptions of changing the 6AT fluid every 30k and spark plugs every 75k.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the family!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts