Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2007 MDX with the Sport & Entertainment package. Over the past year or so, there has been an intermittent motor-type sound coming from under the center armrest. I've removed the armrests (to replace the covers), and several pieces of the trim. From searching the posts on this site and others, it sounds like I have to pull off the trim on the side of the center console in order to remove the storage bin. Is there an easier way to get to the parts under there?

Any ideas as to what might be causing this? Does anyone know what is located under the storage bin in the center console? Possibly the heater blower? The last time it happened, I tried listening with the heater/fan both on and off. The noise continued in both cases. I recorded the sound, but it's an MP4 file, which is not one of the valid formats for uploading on this site.

We bought a 2019 RDX a few weeks ago, so we are going to sell the MDX. I'd like to fix this problem before we have anyone test drive it, as I'm sure the noise will happen then.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Yes, it looks like the heater blower. If it sounds like blades are grinding against something, there is a protective steel net that might get bent and therefore obstruct the blades. Remove thepanel and check it out. IT's really easy, you start at the front passenger footwell and pull it towards yourself clip by clip, you can then bend it to see what's inside and remove it completely for better access.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I removed the passenger side plastic trim, and it doesn't appear to be coming from the protective steel net. I also noticed today that it also continues while the key is in the Accessories II position, regardless of whether the heat/fan is on or off. The noise continued for about 10 minutes in this position, stopping momentarily every few minutes, then stopped completely. It sounds like it is coming from a black plastic box with a label showing Denso AA443150-7144 (see attached photo), but I haven't been able to identify this part via either a Google search or a search on the Denso site. There are several other numbers on the label, but none of them return any results either. Is this possibly the blower relay?

I have neighbor whose son is a car mechanic, and he may be able to stop by tomorrow night to help me get the rest of the console apart. I really need to get the black storage bin (under the arm rest) out to be able to see what else is under there, but I can't see how to do that.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
This may be the Air Mix motor? Im hearing a similar noise and from my research, this seems to be an issue for others. You can replace it or clean it once it is removed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you determine the source of this noise? What you described sounds exactly like what I'm noticing in my 2007 MDX. Even with no air blowing in the rear I get the same type of mechanical noise. It happens in accessory mode as you described, and the noise will continue for about 1 minute after the vehicle is started.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts