Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I've got a 2007 MDX with ~85,000 miles. I'm having an intermittent problem with the heater blowers. Turning the heat on, I can hear the fans turn on, and it sounds exactly like it does when there's air flowing, but there is none. This happens in all settings - auto, manual, feet ports, front ports, defrost, etc. I can even hear the fan slow down when I turn the fan speed down, or when I turn the temperature down in "AUTO" mode. It is the same in front and in back - no air blowing anywhere. The car eventually starts to heat up slowly, so there is SOME air getting through, but none blowing - it's more like air is leaking into the cabin.

At times, this problem goes away all together - usually when i first start the car. If the air starts blowing when I first turn it on, it's ok. If not, I know the problem is back and won't start blowing until the car is stopped and off for some time.

I ran a diagnostic test (DTC??) of the system, and the top bar of the left "8" was blinking, along with the defrost icon and "AUTO". I believe this points to error # B1241, but I'm not sure what the common fix is, and there are ~35 steps to find the problem in the manual.

Anyone have any ideas on what this could be or tests I can do to find out?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Couldn't find the edit button so I'm posting a reply to myself.

I'm thinking it might not be the blowers - could it be the mechanism that opens/closes the vents from behind? I have a few of the plastic vent adjustment tabs that have broken recently, and I'm wondering if one of those may be jamming the mechanism? I'm unfamiliar with how the vent system is controlled, so this may not be an issue. Thoughts?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts