Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2014 on Tuesday night and it rained for the first time. I tried to use the Auto wiper setting. When I initially flipped down from Off to Auto it swiped once, but never went again. If I turned the dial from less rain to more rain it would swipe once. Is there a setting I am missing, it should I take it back to dealer? I got lifetime power train and bumper to bumper warranty.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Got a 2014 on Tuesday night and it rained for the first time. I tried to use the Auto wiper setting. When I initially flipped down from Off to Auto it swiped once, but never went again. If I turned the dial from less rain to more rain it would swipe once. Is there a setting I am missing, it should I take it back to dealer? I got lifetime power train and bumper to bumper warranty.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Do you have a Tech? Also,who offers a lifetime warranty? If it's not workin,you could move the lever down one position.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, this is the SH-AWD with Tech package. The wipers do work fine in the "always on" mode for both slow and fast. The problem is in relatively minor rain the intermittent mode is the best option.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I'm pretty sure "rain sensing" wipers are ranked as one of the most inconsistent and poorly performing features on any car. Size of the rain drops matters a lot. It might help to clean the squished bugs off the windshield cuz that's "background signal". Or not.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I'm pretty sure "rain sensing" wipers are ranked as one of the most inconsistent and poorly performing features on any car. Size of the rain drops matters a lot. It might help to clean the squished bugs off the windshield cuz that's "background signal". Or not.
They are inconsistent at best. But they should work. Time to use that fantastic warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts