Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the little handle/clip/knob type things on the interior vents can be replaced individually without replacing the entire vent itself? Possible to buy these parts separate from the vent? When I search I only could find the entire vent assembly... for like $50.

·
Registered
2008 MDX Tech+Power Tail Gate, Sterling Gray
598 Posts
Are you referring to the chromed little thing in the middle of the vent? If yes, I have not found the way to get those anywhere. Maybe a junk yard.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Reactions: LostCreekSooner

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
I had to replace my passenger side because a co-worker didn't understand how the vent worked and assumed they needed to push harder to get the vent to move to the side. :frown2:

·
Registered
336 Posts
I had to replace my passenger side because a co-worker didn't understand how the vent worked and assumed they needed to push harder to get the vent to move to the side. :frown2:
When we first got the X, I almost broke my tabs by doing the same thing. It is the logical approach and the wheel thingy is just stupid and over designed.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Had the drivers side break last year and I mixed up epoxy used Popsicle sticks with some two sided tape and managed to get it glued together and has held ever since.

The passenger side just broke a couple of weeks ago and I had completely forgot about it till seeing this thread. LOL
Looks like it's time to mix up another small batch of epoxy. :O

·
Registered
146 Posts
I need a vent tab for my driver side, so I was looking on Venttab.com but I don't know what color to be exact. The site shows black, parchment, and taupe.
My car is Aspen White Pearl and inside looks tan. I'm assuming it's taupe, but looking on venttab's site, taupe looks more greyish, and parchment looks like a coffee tan. So I don't want to order the wrong color, can someone confirm the correct color I should order if it's for an Aspen White Pearl car.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ok, I was able to take a better look at my car during the day, and it looks like I have both mix darker and light tan combination interior. So the dash and vent area is the darker coffee color, parchment.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts