Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the interior lights ever fade in or out in the 2003 MDX? I wasn't able to make it do that, they just come on and off without fading effect. ??

·
Registered
41 Posts
That's something they are working on for 2004 :D

·
Registered
391 Posts
The 2003's fade out at certain times. For example if you get in the car and close the door, the lights will dim to about 70%, pause for several seconds, and then slowly fade out. If you open the door and leave it open when the keys are not in the ignition, the lights will automatically fade out after about 5 minutes to save the battery. I think there are other times also, but I can't remember off of the top of my head.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Also, when you turn off the ignition and get out olf the car.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is silly, all cars should have fade in / out interior lights at all times. It just looks much more elegant and it's NOT expensive to do. Geez.

Well when you open/close doors the lights just COME on or off. No fading. The fading occurs as you described however.

·
Registered
388 Posts
ndahbar said:
This is silly, all cars should have fade in / out interior lights at all times. It just looks much more elegant and it's NOT expensive to do. Geez.

Well when you open/close doors the lights just COME on or off. No fading. The fading occurs as you described however.
My toddler loves watching the TL-s lights fade out.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Audi A8 had WICKED fade in/out effects. It was like a show. =)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts