Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two issues that I am not sure if they are related in my 2004 mdx

I just noticed the two blue lights that spot down at the gear shifter no longer come on at night.

I also noticed that the dimmer switch which allows me to dim or brighten the lights in the dash is also not functioning correctly. It works to get the lights bright but at the other extreme, the lights are not dimmed much at all. They are still very bright

Are these problems related?

Any idea how I can fix this?

thanks

·
Registered
240 Posts
You just might be. I'll be honest, I never really noticed those little blue lights (still not sure what they're really for, don't seem to do too much). That panel up top isn't hard to pop out (here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbwdAQcecN4) so you might be able to pull it out and look around, could be as simple as a loose wire up there. As for the dimmer, no idea. Bad roller switch?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your insights and the video. By chance do you know if these blue lights adjust with the dimmer? I can't remember and now that they are not working I cant verify

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I figured out that my two lighting issues were both triggered by a blown fuse in the passenger interior fuse box.

Hopefully this helps anyone else who encounters this issue.

Jasguild

1 - 6 of 6 Posts