81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Acura MDX ADV ENT
307 Posts
The required bulb uses the tiny T5 base, and the light needs to be emitted to the side. Most LEDs only emit off the top so not a good match. This one is similar to the one I used (my old bulb is not available): https://www.amazon.com/Dashboard-Instrument-Conditioning-Accessories-10Pcs【1797】/dp/B07GCD7Q7M/ref=sr_1_49

[Edit: since you only need 2 you might order these, but the shipping might make the difference: 74 LED Bulb - 3 SMD LED - Miniature Wedge Base | Super Bright LEDs ]
Thank you. I ordered the one from Amazon, it's bit shorter than the one I bought earlier. Hope it fits.

Update: installed T5 LEDs in glove box and armrest compartment. It wasn't easy to get them seated in those tiny sockets, anyway problem solved. I bought ocean blue color to match with ambient lights.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I purchased these and try to install in glove box light but they don't fit, seems like they are to thick/wide to fit into the socket.

Edit: I got it to fit, I had to file down the sides a bit but now it fit relatively easily. Looking closer at the lights some are shaped better then others (some have rough edges and weren't smoothly shaped/cut). Definitely makes a difference, although even more light would be nice.

Although what's dumb is I couldn't figure out for the life of me when the glove box light came on. In other vehicles it turns on as long as you open the door or turn on the ignition. In the MDX however it appears to be linked to turning the headlights/parking lamps on. So if the headlights/parking lamps are on the glove box light comes on. If the lights are off however the glove box light won't turn on. I was messing around with it during the day and was wondering if my light burned out or something because I could never figure out how to get the light to come on.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Thank you. I ordered the one from Amazon, it's bit shorter than the one I bought earlier. Hope it fits.

Update: installed T5 LEDs in glove box and armrest compartment. It wasn't easy to get them seated in those tiny sockets, anyway problem solved. I bought ocean blue color to match with ambient lights.
Did you purchase the ones PDX linked to above? Did you have to do anything special to get them seated into the socket? Did they fit ok or did you have to force them in?

·
Registered
2016 Acura MDX ADV ENT
307 Posts
No but similar ones. Not all T5s fit, look for the ones 17mm in length or shorter.
Just be careful, you should be able to fit these bulbs in. Not super easy like most other bulbs I worked with but doable.

·
Registered
2017 MDX - Base
11 Posts
My glove box light and center console (arm rest) lights are out. I ordered led bulbs but they are bit long and don't fit in those small cup like sockets. Anyone able to upgrade glove box bulb to led? If yes, please let me know which one to buy.
M4products.com is a great source for quality led bulbs. Steve, the owner is responsive and knowledgeable about all things led.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts