Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 2013 Tech package and the silver coating is peeling on the steering wheel bezel as well as on the driver interior door grab handle.

What should I do? Paint? Replace with something more durable?

Anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
353 Posts
They sell the steering wheel trim. It is like $80 and for what you get it is a rip off. I left mine chipped up for now. I'm changing to the 2010+ thicker wheel and may change the trim at the same time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That was my take on it too. This shouldn't be happening on a 2013 model so it would stand to reason that others have experienced this same issue.

So replace it, paint it, or use a vinyl wrap of some kind to cover it?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
$80 to replace that is a ripoff. I'd either sand and repaint it (only issue will be the paint match to the buttons) with a good few layers of primer to help adhesion

OR

Use vinyl wrap, it'll hold up to scratching a bit better, esp if you clearcoat it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Anyone have the steps to remove this? I vinyl wrapped this on my other car, still looks like day one despite finger oils or cleaning with APC:

Only cost me $8 for a 1x1 of 3M 1080 Satin Black vinyl, and some sandpaper for wet sanding all the old "soft touch" material off. The trim looks a bit bigger on the MDX, and would like to do the same. Most likely will have to do the door handles and trim around shifter while I'm at it to match.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts