Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of the time now when I use the remote to unlock the car, the drivers door doesn't unlock. And if that happens none of the passenger doors unlock on the 2nd click. But what I think I see and hear is the lock levers twitch up and right back down.

Seperately I noticed that if I use the drivers lock lever to lock the doors it causes all doors to lock, but the same doesn't happen unlocking. I believe this is by design, though I've never had a car like that.

I assume the drivers lock motor is dying and needs replacing, and that is causing the weirdness of the other doors not unlocking with the remote, because the other doors do unlock with the interior door switch. I've already replaced 2 of the other lock motors.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2004 Acura MDX Touring w/ RES & NAV
575 Posts
I’ve had that problem with mine also. And then magically it just...went away! It was really weird but it didn’t happen long enough for me to try and figure if it was a motor or a short. I called my local Acura dealer (I always call just to ask what they know so I can shortcut a starting point), they said vaguely it might be the main driver side door switch going bad. Maybe they are wired in tandem?! “I der no”. If it starts up again I’ll put some brain to it. I got a “honey do list” a arms long right now. PLEASE post what you discover on this one Colin.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts