Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any one is interestested in test driving a Volvo XC90 in the SF Bay area, please reply to this post and I can send you the reservation number.
Location is in Alameda Point in Alameda, Ca.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I may still have my reservation number as well. They say you can drive the XC90 over a variety of road conditions (including off road type conditions).

·
Registered
216 Posts
i seen the vid for this suv @ edmunds and its a spliting image of the X5 ... why would they do something like that ...? is bmw and volvo connected some how ..?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Whoever test drives the XC90, please post impressions - compared to MDX to be consistent with this forum. I am still debating between XC90 and MDX, with pluses for the MDX being reliability & price, pluses for the Volvo being safety (side-curtain airbags, rollover stability system) and stereo, with 1st year reliability and 4 speed transmission real concerns.

·
Registered
216 Posts
why not go with the BMW ... it seems to be the same vehicle ...?

·
Registered
76 Posts
read many reviews

I have read many magazines on the XC90, everyone is saying this is going to be one damn fine vehicle, it might put the MDX back a couple of nothches now:(

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
mymdxiscoming said:
i seen the vid for this suv @ edmunds and its a spliting image of the X5 ... why would they do something like that ...? is bmw and volvo connected some how ..?
Volvo was purchased by Ford a year or so ago.

·
Registered
216 Posts
ok maybe im missing something here ... you said ford bought volvo a while ago ... so i guess you are saying that the volvo and bmw relation ship comes from ford ...?

becuase i do know that ford is connected with Land Rover ... and the new Range Rover has a bmw engine in it ...

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
mymdxiscoming said:
re ... you said ford bought volvo a while ago ... so i guess you are saying that the volvo and bmw relation ship comes from ford ...?

No, I meant to say that BMW and Volvo have no connection, Volvo is now owned by Ford Motor Co.

·
Registered
216 Posts
ok, so volvo is just stealing the bmw design .. ?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
mymdxiscoming said:
why not go with the BMW ... it seems to be the same vehicle ...?
Not quite, the Volvo has 7 passenger seating capacity, more cargo room (much more) bi-xenon headlights, 268HP engine 6 cylinder engine, a ton of air-bags, night vision, Entertainment system, boron steel frame. I'm not saying it's better, but it certainly has many features the X5 doesn't.

·
Registered
293 Posts
So, the wife and I went to the Volvo XC90 test drive event today in Alameda, CA. Had a lot of fun at the event with test driving the car in different courses. Funny thing is I have a 2003 MDX on order but I have yet to see/drive one in person. :D

I think we still prefer the styling of the MDX over the XC90, but it's not that far off. I have read alot of the reviews/discussion on the web regarding the capabilites of this car, but I had a first hand chance to feel what RSC is all about at the "Moose Avoidance Course". :D Going full speed ahead at 60mph and be able to swirve to avoid obsticles while the gyro sensor detects a roll over condition and helps apply brake as necessary .. very impressive!

I kinda like the hide-away Nav screen that's in the XC90, and the remote control; although at $1800+, I think the 2nd gen Navi in the MDX will definitely prove to be of better value. The integrated movable child integrated 2nd row seat is interesting, although we don't have kids yet. The 3rd row seat has more leg room than I anticipated, I'm 5'10. I do like the fact that the 3rd row seat head rest folds down when flat (and the seat cushion is pushed toward the trunk), compared to having to remove the head rest in the MDX. I think I heard one of the reps saying if someone were to order one now, it would be available in Feb 2003. I don't understand the $450 for the metallic paint option though ... any color you get besides "black" or "white" is metallic, there is even a "black sapphire metallic".

I did have the digital camera with me, I'll have to sort them out to see what I can post ... if anyone is interested.

my $0.02 ...

-henry

·
Registered
522 Posts
Note: Just having a reservation number will not work. The number and the name to which it is registered have to match. They check driver's licenses...

henry_atwork said:
anyone still have a reg number available? a co worker is interested but is on the waiting list and there doesn't seem to be any opening. thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts