Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told mine was not working. I get a Emission error when the valve sticks. I forget which P code it was, but I'm having it replaced. I'm not sure if anyone else has had this issue. I have 177k miles. When the code pops up, it disables my SH-AWD but it still runs fine. I thought life was good, when I replaced both catalytic converters!

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Damn never seen one go bad? But in any case its a super easy DIY fix if you want to save up on labor... Labor on this should not go more than 0.30hour if they wanna squeeze you out they will charge 1hour for it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was told mine was not working. I get a Emission error when the valve sticks. I forget which P code it was, but I'm having it replaced. I'm not sure if anyone else has had this issue. I have 177k miles. When the code pops up, it disables my SH-AWD but it still runs fine. I thought life was good, when I replaced both catalytic converters!
What is this? Where is it located on MDX?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Damn never seen one go bad? But in any case its a super easy DIY fix if you want to save up on labor... Labor on this should not go more than 0.30hour if they wanna squeeze you out they will charge 1hour for it.
What is this? Can you explain where this runner is etc...

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
The IMRC is a little valve that sits in the Intake Manifold is main purpose is to equalize the pressure between both sets of runners inside the intake manifold to gain more power at high engine RPM... In low engine rpm the valve closes to gain Low end Torque.

The motor is located at the top of the intake manifold you can its cable behind the P/S Pump.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The IMRC is a little valve that sits in the Intake Manifold is main purpose is to equalize the pressure between both sets of runners inside the intake manifold to gain more power at high engine RPM... In low engine rpm the valve closes to gain Low end Torque.

The motor is located at the top of the intake manifold you can its cable behind the P/S Pump.
View attachment 113564
Thanks I didn't know that was it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
wahhabm
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing