Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've devoted some time to take some measurements of the OEM intake system for the 2010 MDX and I've determined that there is definitely room for improvement. :D

What we have planned will definitely impress, so stay tuned for this. :29: We should have a prototype within a month. Production will follow shortly thereafter.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Good morning.

Welcome. I am used to forums that do not allow commercial adverising. I guess this one is unique.

George

·
Registered
12 Posts
Almost any car forum I have been a part of has allowed forum sponsor to advertise their products. Nothing new here.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Good.....very good.....you might also want to put some test results, sound clips, and why not....some pictures and pricing too, if it is working and well done, i might be tempted to order one of these anytime soon.

I can't believe how well the X pulls to be so much restrained both in the intake + exhaust system.....should be room for improvement there too.

Keep us aware when you'll be ready.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I keep asking myself the same question, "Are the Honda engineers and their product development all that bad?" I guess the folks from G&M want us all to believe that the Honda power train engineers are complete idiots. K&N told us the same thing.

PT Barnum, are you listening?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well as a mechanical engineer, I am happy to say that there is always room for improvement. Please note that the intake and exhaust systems are indeed rather restrictive. Why? For one, EPA guidelines must be met across the board. Not only that, but being a premium-level SUV, the MDX is built for comfort. Therefore, engine or exhaust noise was also required to be kept to a minimum to meet those standards.

However, for those of you that want the best of both worlds, then hang in there. We'll make something that will satisfy anybody that wants a little extra pep without sacrificing many dbs.

Roll Tide, highcountrymdx, Roll Tide.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Any progress update to keep us excited?? :25:

·
Registered
6,348 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Rome wasn't built in a day guys! :runaway: