Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After picking up my MDX a few days ago, I was pleasantly surprised to find out the my insurance dropped $28 per month going from a 99 RX300 (two wheel drive) to an 03 touring nav MDX. I verified with my insurance company that all of the coverages are the same. Their information shows that the MDX has more safety features and is less expensive to repair.

I just wanted to pass this along as an FYI.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Thanks for the tip!

Thats music to my ears. At least it makes paying MSRP a little easier to digest! ;)

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
jurincie said:
.....Their information shows that the MDX has more safety features and is less expensive to repair. (than RX 300)......
And Looks much better while it's at it.:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
that's odd...it's different here in nj. i have liberty mutual insurance. when i called to ask for quotes...it's a $120 a year more for the mdx compared to the rx300.

somehow...the mdx is in a different vehicle category/bracket.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I pay more for my MDX than I do for the 2wd RX. Both '01s, plus the RX MSRP was higher...........go figure.......:confused:

·
Registered
738 Posts
texrb said:
I pay more for my MDX than I do for the 2wd RX. Both '01s, plus the RX MSRP was higher...........go figure.......:confused:

Same here: MDX liability insurance is more than RX

01 MDX
01 RX 300

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
With Progressive, the insurance rate for the MDX was slightly higher than the RX300, which in turn was slightly higher than an ML320.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts