Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Recently I noticed there is a crack on the gauge cluster lens, at the bottom, I just ordered one online, wondering if anyone has any experience on replacing it or what parts are needed to be removed before reaching the lens? Thank you!

·
Registered
226 Posts
If I were in your shoes, for a job like that, I would subscribe to the Honda tech site for 3 days and review the procedures. Even take screen shots and save them. That won’t likely be a quick solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replace this today, all you need is the plastic pry tool and a screwdriver, 20 mins job, I still couldn't figure out how this crack happened...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
226 Posts
Wow, I never would have suspected that it simply popped in and out. Figured you’d be disassembling portions of the steering column and dash to get to it. Glad it wasn’t that difficult.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, I never would have suspected that it simply popped in and out. Figured you’d be disassembling portions of the steering column and dash to get to it. Glad it wasn’t that difficult.

I was thinking to give it a try before buying the subscription from Honda, I watched some videos from youtube about to remove it on some honda vehicle, didn't expect to get it done in first try, I will take a pic tmr and explain how to get to the lens.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the process of how to remove the gauge cluster, before we start, tilt your steering wheel out to the furthest position, and move it down all the way to the end.

First, pry off the wood trim, pry the red line area, this part won't come off fully, the air vent will prevent the left part come off, but it doesn't matter, as long we the right side is off, you are good to the next process.

Next, we move the right side of the steering wheel, pry from the red line area, the whole piece will come off very easily.

Then, we can pry off the center trim from the red line on the top, stick the pry tool inside, gently pry off, then move to both sides, remember, when this one is loosened, move to the steering wheel, pry from the red line area, where the windshield wiper control and headlight control are. Caution, when removing this trim, be careful of the gauge dimming setting control, unplug it before fully removing the center trim!!

Now you should be seeing the gauge cluster in front of you, there are only 3 cross head screws holding it, no clips, I have to take out the gauge cluster in order for me to change the lens, but I don't need to unplug anything from the gauge, I just need more room for my fingers to unplug the clips on the lens.
Hopefully, no one will need to go thru this, it's not hard, but I just can't figure out how this would break, if anyone need more detail, please leave commend, I will help.
Thank you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts