Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002, everything was working fine until I took out the radio to replace. Once re-installed the instrument cluster stopped working, trip computer not showing, and the gas mileage on the trip computer is just a line. I checked the fuses and everything seems okay. Tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. Not sure what else to do.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
"Instrument cluster" normally means the one above your steering column (speedo, tach, gauges, warning lights, etc.). I think you're saying you lost your center display. I'm guessing you don't have the Nav option.

I'd say there's a big chance you either knocked a connector loose, or blew a fuse. I'd suggest checking all the fuses carefully. If you don't find a blown one, you're probably going to have to pull your radio back out and take a very close look at all the wiring in that area to see what you might have bumped.

·
Registered
710 Posts
From replacing an iPod player on an 06 X, the auxiliary display unit and radio had 4 connectors. A large connector connected the radio and display screen unit. Like habbyguy said, it or others could be a loose or was left unconnected. They clip (snap) into place.

That the display partially works makes me wonder if an adapter cable or adapter connector was used to interface the display and your new audio unit (I’m assuming it’s not a factory audio unit). Maybe the adapter connector wasn’t seated completely or doesn’t have 100% compatibility with the display unit. Depending on who did the work, you or an installer, you might need to ask them or contact the manufacturer of the equipment.

If the battery was disconnected, not sure in an 02 but a radio and display code is usually needed. It should prompt you if you put the key in position II or start the car.

Hopefully something simple.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts