Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was installing a new front drivers side window regulator and have run into a problem. After I had gotten it all bolted up, I plugged it in and it immediately moved down to the lowest point and I can't get it to up at all and I noticed the motor was getting pretty hot. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Most likely a stuck switch, or bad control module (IIRC, there's a small box in the driver's door that is between the switch and the regulator). If your regulator is being "forced down" continually it will most likely burn up the motor in short order. I'd recommend manually raising the window and leaving it unplugged if you have to drive the car before diagnosing / fixing the problem. FWIW, I'm betting this is what killed your original regulator.

·
Premium Member
2004 Acura MDX Touring w/ RES & NAV
577 Posts
I agree with habbyguy, next test is when it’s down and heating up do you hear a noise or a hum coming from the regulator. Stuck switch. Can you remember leaving the window down or open enough for rain to get in? Or worst yet...spill any soda or something along those lines in it this past summer? That’s all you need when they are in the 10-15yr old zone. Enough hot/ cold cycles will make that contact point rust up. When I did my rear regulator it was on the side my young son always sits on. That guy has met a soda that’s not worth wearing!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts