Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has installed the gold emblems themselves. I was thinking of purchasing then through Tim. I have a MPB that should be here in a week, and I think the gold would look great against the blue. I looked at the pdf file for install instructions and the front emblem looks a little difficult to put on. have to take the front end off. Would appreciate any input.

Joe

·
Registered
27 Posts
I hope you have already installed your emblem by now. I just got mine 03 MDX in RedRock Pearl and I also purchase a Gold Emblem kit. I haven't got the chance to install it yet and the instruction also says not to do it in cold weather. I just want to ask you how hard is it to remove the MDX emblem? What kind of tool you used?

Thanks!

·
Registered
172 Posts
:( Just a thought for what its worth. I bought Gold emblems for my Honda Accord 18 months ago and they are pealing. Not very impressed for what the cost was. So I have opted to not put them On my MDX.:3:

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
joedd,

There seems to be two camps when it comes to gold emblems. Some like them, while others think they are bling. I think they look bling. Do some searches on gold emblem kits and draw your own conclusions. Choose wisely and good luck.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have replied to other posts on emblems, and IMHO I think they look very classy. I have had many comments from people as well, indicating that it is things like that, that set this SUV apart from others....

I did the emblems on the back myself. Very easy. I masked with tape all the areas around the edge of the old emblems, then "sawed" them off with a very strong dental floss. Just be patient, and work your way around them , keeping slight pressure inwards toward the center. I used a blow dryer to heat the area up prior to installing the gold ones. Then, it's just a matter of lining up an sticking the new ones on. I kept pressure on them for about 10 minutes, and kept a small heater in my garage to keep the chill out that night. All seem A-ok so far.

The front grille was installed at the same time the dealer installed the towing coolers, as they need to remove the front bumper cover to install them, it was a perfect time to also do the grille. They didn't charge me anything to install since they said it only took about a minute. (The bumper was coming off already to install the coolers)

I also bought the gold wheel inserts from Tim. The MDX wheel inserts are just painted with the "A", and the gold trim sticks on the existing caps. The gold ones came with two little tabs that stick out the back for mounting, however, the caps obviously didn't have holes to push them through, so I simply lined them up and drilled two small holes, them affixed the enclosed push clips to hold them on. So, they are attached not only with the self adhesive tape, but also with the clips. They will never come off through normal use. Again, the wheel caps add a nice compliment to the rest of the trim.

Only flaw in all of this is the chrome door handles....seems out of place.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Is anyone aware whether you can ask the dealer/ factory to NOT apply the MDX emblem to the rear door?

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
That's different

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
adam2222 said:
Is anyone aware whether you can ask the dealer/ factory to NOT apply the MDX emblem to the rear door?
I believer the MDX emblem comes from the factory already installed. As Curtsan posted, it is a simple matter to use some dental floss and carefully "saw" the MDX emblem off. Clean up the residual adhesive with some rubbing alcohol or WD-40, wax the area, and you are "good-to-go." Good luck.:29:

Check out this thread:http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7222

·
Registered
122 Posts
Huh????

english was a minor while in school. I sure don't remember coming across "bling". Care to translate?????

EXCALIBUR said:
joedd,

There seems to be two camps when it comes to gold emblems. Some like them, while others think they are bling. I think they look bling. Do some searches on gold emblem kits and draw your own conclusions. Choose wisely and good luck.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
mdxxxx,

This is for the benefit of joedd and the rest of the class. With your permission, I have reposted your immortal words from a previous thread using the words, "bling" and "baller":

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by mdxxxx

:6: EXCALIBUR is a serious baller, he's rollin' in a 2002 TW/S Acura MDX - Touring Package, Dog... And on toppa dat, He got the gold emblem kit... Bling Bling, see wha im sayin'?

:15: :jester:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
EXCALIBUR said:
mdxxxx,

:6: EXCALIBUR is a serious baller, he's rollin' in a 2002 TW/S Acura MDX - Touring Package, Dog... And on toppa dat, He got the gold emblem kit... Bling Bling, see wha im sayin'?

That one is a classic for this site. :29: :6: :5: :19: :21:

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
BaldEagle,

"Thank you. Thank you very much." - Elvis Presley impression.

Class, your homework assignment for the weekend is to compose a sentence using the words, "bling," "baller," and "MDX." See you all on Monday.:15: :jester: :15: :jester:

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
EXCALIBUR said:
mdxxxx,

This is for the benefit of joedd and the rest of the class. With your permission, I have reposted your immortal words from a previous thread using the words, "bling" and "baller":

quote:

:19:

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'll pass on the homework

It would be silly for a 38 year old, like me, to start using urban slang. If someone comes up to me and says "Yo Dog", it's usually someone who knows my nickname and calls me Dog, not a generic greeting. Alas, I'm getting old.... :8: Thanks for the Urban English lesson (ebonics???).

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Re: I'll pass on the homework

TopDog said:
It would be silly for a 38 year old, like me, to start using urban slang. If someone comes up to me and says "Yo Dog", it's usually someone who knows my nickname and calls me Dog, not a generic greeting. Alas, I'm getting old.... :8: Thanks for the Urban English lesson (ebonics???).
Around DC I would guess you hear "What up Dog?" a lot.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Re: Re: I'll pass on the homework

crmsnidol said:

Around DC I would guess you hear "What up Dog?" a lot.
Not too much actually. I hear the generic at work and the nickname version of the same when I am with my biker buddies. I used to work in DC before being part of Cisco's big layoff. I never heard it there believe it or not!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Bling?Baller

How about......Bling this!Baller? this doesn't seem to resonate!
Do we need new topics?
Installed BSM today in a warm garage as it is cold in Nashville.Went on very easy.The template was great.First fill up got 16 MPG.I think it will improve.What a great ride.
Tom:4:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts