Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone attempted this on their own?? I was looking at the instructions on the site and it looks kinda cumbersome. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
Marc

·
Registered
818 Posts
I did mine myself, you will need a good ruler and a very sharp saw:D

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
very easy.

(The saw is to trim the plastic cover strip, don't be intimidated..)

No holes to drill, all mounting stuff is already in.

Ard

·
Registered
671 Posts
I measured a billion times to make sure I had it right before cutting the trim pieces, and then had a bit of trouble getting the rack itself installed -- mine didn't seem to fit (side to side, i.e. the bar was too long) but I used a little muscle power and got the holes to line up and that was that! All-in-all not too bad of a diy installation. It took me probably an hour or two but most of that time was doing all the measuring! BTW -- my instructions were either wrong or the quality of the print was so bad that I couldn't tell if one of the numbers in the measurements was an 8 or a 3! I did my own measuring and realized which it was supposed to be. Just be careful, go slow, and the result will look like a 'factory' install!

One final cautionary note: when placing the racks on the top of the vehicle, it might be a good idea to have a helper or to at least use a blanket or something to protect the paint on the 'other' side from where you are standing. The bars are a bit cumbersome and it would be pretty easy to scratch the paint.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts