Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've owned a 2006 MDX with no Navigation/Entertainment System for a little over 3 and a half years now, and while I love the car, I'm getting a little tired of burning new CDs and switching them out as often as I do. I'd love to install an auxiliary input so I don't have to deal with the single-CD system anymore.

I know there are guides on how to do this elsewhere on the forum, but I was wondering if anyone has done this recently and would recommend any product that is newer than the Blitzsafe. I'm specifically concerned about sound quality and wondering if a newer system would have better sound quality, but if any of you have the Blitzsafe, what have your experiences been with it?

I'm thinking of using this guide: http://www.mdxers.org/forums/37-installation-instructions-tips/20946-easy-blitzsafe-install-10min.html

Any tips or recommendations would be really appreciated! Thanks! :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Idk about your mdx but mine has the third row entertainment thing in the back the opens up. I just used a RCA cord ran it under the floor mats and connected it to a aux cord and use that it works just fine.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I did the same thing with mine, but unfortunately that was only there on models with the RES, IIRC (so possibly only the Touring edition). Since the OP doesn't have the RES, he won't have those jacks back there either.

FWIW, I haven't heard of anything newer/more preferred than the Blitzsafe solution.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I did the blitzsafe for my 06 with nav. Took me about 20 minutes. It is the older one for iPhone 4 but I use the adapter for my wife's iPhone 6. Only complaint is it can be a little flaky at times and not play right away and you have to fiddle with it and plug/unplug a couple times. Sound seems fine to me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for your feedback! I ended up ordering a Grom BT-3. I figured that it's 2015, and if I'm messing with the stock radio's functionality in any way, I might as well fully modernize it with Bluetooth capability. Has anyone heard anything about how well that works?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts