Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I just received my body side molding from Tim. I was overeager to Zaino last weekend, and now I don't really want to remove the Zaino if I don't have to.

Will the isopropanol "cleaning" remove the Zaino:?

If not, will I need to remove the Zaino prior to installing the BSM?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
mikel51 said:
OK, I just received my body side molding from Tim. I was overeager to Zaino last weekend, and now I don't really want to remove the Zaino if I don't have to.

Will the isopropanol "cleaning" remove the Zaino:?

If not, will I need to remove the Zaino prior to installing the BSM?

Thanks,
Mike
Well yes and no. Im sure you received a template with the BSM. Just put those up according to the instructions on the template. then just clean and yes YOU HAVE TO CLEAN IT WITH ALCOHOL so it can have a very grease free, oil free contact with the body or it will not make a good seal. Basically clean two inches from the lower edge of the template. Line up molding remove tape little by little while line molding up. Do not press hard until you step back and make sure it is lined up. When you are satified then press hard with your palm and voila BSM by you.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
The isopropyl alcohol will remove the Zaino. And like Warzau said, YES, you need to use it. The BSMs will not adhere properly otherwise. Just re-zaino the doors (z1/zfx + whichever polish you typically use) afterwards.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts