Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a question for all you parents out there. My grandson is "coming to Sawt Karwina to wide in Gwampy's Twuck":D :D
He is now a little over two years old and 30lbs at 33 1/3".
I want to get a car/booster seat so that my daughter won't have to keep swapping hers from car to car. Since he is growing rapidly and we only get to have him a couple times a year :( my criteria is:
1. As great a range as possible 30-80 lbs would be nice
2. Does not cost too much < $75 if possible
3. Safe (he is very precious cargo)
4. Gives him as much freedom as possible
5. Works well in the MDX
6.Storable ( we are short on room to store it between visits)

I looked at the Cosco Tote & Go (Travel Vest) and while I am told that he liked that when he used it in a friends car, and it is inexpensive and easily stored - it seems to get some pretty negative reviews by users. The Cosco High Back Booster ($39) got pretty good reviews but is bulkier. The only seats that got universal good comments seemed to be the $200 variety.
Any suggestions would be appreciated - and soon because he will be here Friday:2:
Meep Meep

·
Registered
18 Posts
try

checkout the products from GRACO or Century...Britax is suppose to be one of the better ones but they start at around $120

My son has the Recaro Start = $350

I hope this helps :)

·
Registered
162 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi Roadrunner...

In your explorations, just make sure you are considering his need for a five point restraint. Then you will want it to (later) convert to seat belt restraint use when he's older/bigger. I use Century products (in the $80) range for all of our vehicles - and love them. Also, very good results in the 'X center rear seat position.

Just MHO! Good luck!:D

·
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks For the Tips!

Thanks everyone for the good advice and resources. I'll do my homework and then go shopping keeping in mind the points you have brought up.
Meep Meep

1 - 5 of 5 Posts