Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys. I finally recieved my insurance money to purchase a new vehicle. My wife loves the mdx, but our budget is only in for the 2014 model. We see it range from 31000 to 36000 for a tech package. My only concern is the reliability of the vehicle. Ive had a lexus and that was great. No problems. But we need something with 3rd row seating and this model mdx is beautiful. Im only vpconcerned based on what ive read so far with transmission problems. Being that its year 2017 now, have they fixed all the problems with the 2014 with recalls, or are there still issues out there with no fix. Ive noticed that the preowned comes with a 100000 mile powertrain warranty. Is it wise to purchase and extended warranty on yop of the 100000 mile if they offer it.? Just want to know some feedback from some members that have a 2014 and if its even something to even consider of purchasing. Thanks

·
Registered
961 Posts
My 2014 Tech AWD has over 50K reliable miles. Don't wast your money on a second warranty - The certified should be just fine.

Make sure that you get a Carfax report on any vehicle before buying.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My 2014 Tech AWD has over 50K reliable miles. Don't wast your money on a second warranty - The certified should be just fine.

Make sure that you get a Carfax report on any vehicle before buying.
sure thx for the info. i see the price range going for 31000 - 34000 with 34000 miles. is that fair market value or could i negotiate under 30000

·
Registered
499 Posts
We have a 2014 tech with 39K. We had the rubbery transmission, which was fixed with a TSB. Noisy front end which was fixed with another TSB - just needed clips. Other than that it has been very reliable and a great vehicle.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I have an early 2014 that's nearly 4 years old now - it's been very reliable - no problems at all. I'm happy I purchased it.

I don't think there are transmission issues on this vehicle - there have been very few posts here regarding any issues whatsoever with them. Mine works great.

I don't believe in extended warranties so my advice would be to stay away from them - they're a big moneymaker for the purveyors of the warranties. At this point you don't even know if you'll still have the vehicle past 100K miles - someone could steal it, crash into it, etc. and as you're approaching that point you may have more confidence (or a lack thereof) of the reliability of it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've been lurking on the forums and searching for the same model since January and am close to getting my 14 MDX tech AWD. I was able to haggle a mint condition CPO 14 MDX Tech AWD with 44k miles down to $32k at a dealership, but didn't get it because I didn't like the interior color. They had similar MDX's on the lot with 40k miles going for $34k. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I purchased my pre-owned 2014 Tech SHAWD 5 months ago and I am very happy with it. I drove a 2015 Tech FWD and I didn't like to 1st to 2nd gear shifting on it and actually preferred the older 6 speed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts