Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get it next year this time frame. I would get it now but getting a house and need to take care of that before I indulge.

Overall, I love the new headlights. Such a fine car. I drove it for a bit, but will take it for an extended drive shortly and report back.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
New 2014 MDX

I went to the grand opening for the new MDX at my dealership. it looks gorgeous BUT they have de-rated the engine from 300 to 290hp AND they have eliminated dual exhaust. THAT IS CRIMINAL!!! Soichiro Honda, God rest his soul, always wanted to move forward. This is moving backwards! Since 2007, the MDX has always had a very masculine look and drives the way it looks. My 2011 is great!! (Although I had to get new rotors last week with only 49K miles. The originals were warped and resurfaced once already.)
I don't know what's going on at Acura but they are slowing killing their flagship. Will it stop me from getting another one? Probably not, but I will not be trading up anytime soon as the dealership wants me to. Maybe they will see the light and add the duals by 2016.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Too funny, doesnt want a car cause it doesnt have dual exhaust. Lol
I don't want it either for that reason. I think it's stupid that they're trying to make both the MDX and RLX look like they don't have combustion engines by hiding the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I want to get it next year this time frame. I would get it now but getting a house and need to take care of that before I indulge.

Overall, I love the new headlights. Such a fine car. I drove it for a bit, but will take it for an extended drive shortly and report back.
Feel your pain. I just closed on a house at the end of May and bought a new Odyssey last week. Went from being debt free to having a mortgage and a car note.

However, I financed the house at 3.5% and the van at 0.9% though, so should be okay ;).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts