Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you believe that some a**hole caved in my tailgate while I was shopping a Home Depot. I don't know if he (or she) backed into me or what. There were no witnesses and no note (of course). The license plate light assembly is damaged and the whole tailgate is pushed in and gouged.

Image, you go into you favorite Home Depot for a few things. You park miles from anyone so dings can be avoided. You come out and you "X" is badly hurt. Fortunately, the glass was not broken. and the door still opens and closes without too much difficulty. But what a shock.

I'm sick to death. Already filled an online claim. Will be calling the dealer on Monday for repairs.

All this happens just after I installed the Poron reversing aid. Doesn't do me much good when I'm not in the car and in reverse. A real bummer not to mention several hundred bucks and many hours down the drain.

Some cowboy is probably telling his buddies about the damage he did to a new looking MDX. With only 1500 miles it is NEW!! From all the dents in his "79 Ford pickup", you probably couldn't tell he hit anything.

Now I have to deal with insurance agents and the service department. Can't wait for all the fun and games.

Sorry, just had to vent a little.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Arggh! :11: My sympathies. The accident is bad enough, but no note is just inexusable. Of course, if your luck is anything like mine, the driver was probably on a suspended license and uninsured anyway (had 2 peeps hit me in the old Heep; one was drunk, suspended, uninsured, and ran a red light :30:; the other "just" suspended, uninsured and rear ended me).

I think HD has gotta be one of the most dangerous places for the X, no matter where you park. I actually switched HD's (now go to one an extra 15 min away) as it's filled with yuppies in MLs, X5s, RXs and MDXs instead of all the contractors in their big Fords and old beaters. The older HD was fine when I had my self-disassembling Jeep GC, but it was frightening taking the X there.

I'm sure it'll be fixed good as new.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I feel your pain....

fvince said:
Can you believe that some a**hole caved in my tailgate while I was shopping a Home Depot. I don't know if he (or she) backed into me or what. There were no witnesses and no note (of course). The license plate light assembly is damaged and the whole tailgate is pushed in and gouged.

Image, you go into you favorite Home Depot for a few things. You park miles from anyone so dings can be avoided. You come out and you "X" is badly hurt. Fortunately, the glass was not broken. and the door still opens and closes without too much difficulty. But what a shock.

I'm sick to death. Already filled an online claim. Will be calling the dealer on Monday for repairs.

All this happens just after I installed the Poron reversing aid. Doesn't do me much good when I'm not in the car and in reverse. A real bummer not to mention several hundred bucks and many hours down the drain.

Some cowboy is probably telling his buddies about the damage he did to a new looking MDX. With only 1500 miles it is NEW!! From all the dents in his "79 Ford pickup", you probably couldn't tell he hit anything.

Now I have to deal with insurance agents and the service department. Can't wait for all the fun and games.

Sorry, just had to vent a little.
.........some f'ker just scraped the rear door on my RAV4 which was just 2 weeks old......and no note.....If I found this guy I would beat him silly (instant justice) :11: .....this is the 4th time something like this has happened to me in the last several months!! :mad:

When I had my 2003 Corolla an a**hole illegal alien rear ended me at a stoplight (of course, he was stone drunk, uninsured and driving without a drivers license!! :rolleyes: ).....Thank goodness I had uninsured motorist coverage for the $5000 damage he caused....But I still had to shell out $500 in rental expenses for the 4 weeks my car was in the shop.......well, here in CA with all the illegal aliens it's pretty much mandatory to have uninsured motorist coverage :rolleyes: ......The best part was the friggin CORRUPT officer (probably because he was also of the same race) did not even arrest the guy who was wreaking of alcohol!! :3: .......there's just no hope or justice in this country anymore!! :mad:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
dude...I know how you feel!

fvince-

last week you wench in her pissed off mood at her kids swing the door of her Chevy surburban take so hard that the edge of her door put a big O dent in the door of my MDX.

Am thinking in my head, if she can be irresponsible for other peoples property like that, you wonder how she treats her children...Anyway...THANK GOD I have a friend that does Paintless Dent Repair. He removed it and it is brand new again.

Good Luck with getting your damage MDX repair. Am really sorry bout that. I hope the person that did it spends the rest of his/her life in sleepless nights.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sorry to hear about what happened. I got my first scratch on my 2002 Volvo C70 yesterday at The Home Depot. I parked far away too, I think some people target nice cars. Unfortunately, I did not get any information either. Concidentally, my son was hit a a local restaurant a couple of weeks ago, $1200 dollar dent and no credible information as to the car that hit him. Picking up the new X tomorrow, maybe I'll just keep it in the driveway. Good luck.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Home Depot is a good place...

to be hit while parked in their lot. This is according to my insurance claims person who just called about my online claim (yes, on Sunday no less). He said that he sees more Home Depot incidents involving parked cars that are rammed than any other named establishment. It just might be the number of stores around the country more than anything else, but it does seem odd.

His theory is that a lot of folks go there with trailers and aren't experienced in backing them or them simply don't realize how far the trailer extends from the rear of the car or pickup. In any case, it seems I am not alone in this experience. Still no excuse for not leaving a note or hanging around until I return.

The problem is that I need the "X" to handle the things I usually buy at Home Depot. My Honda is far too small for most items. So, I guess I'll park ever further away if that is possible. There are no guarantees that any parking place is safe is there?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I feel your pain ...

It was hard parting with my brand new '99 CR-V (three years ago, that is :D ) when I was going away for a week. I parked my baby at the end of the lot infront of my apartment thinking it would be safe. When I came back a week later, I was shocked and fuming mad :3: to find a huge ding (size of a golf ball) on the front-passenger door. I could tell it was a white car from the scratch mark but, same case, ... no note or anything. Had to shell out a couple hundred to have it fixed and repainted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts