Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm very upset about something that happened about an hour ago. My husband was filling up the tank at the gas station and I was sitting in the front passenger seat waiting. A car drove right past my beautiful Redrock MDX, and both young guys inside slowed down, stared, then craned their necks as they drove by. I was thinking to myself, "Yep, this is definitely a cool ride, so go ahead and gawk". The car drove around to the other side of the pump and the driver asked my husband a question (which I couldn't hear). When my husband hopped in, I asked him what those guys said. I was sure those guys said something like, "Wow, what kind of a car is that! It rocks!". But instead, they asked "Is that a SUV or a MINIVAN?!!!!!" Can you believe it! What a couple of dorks! Let me explain that I have a Premium w/navi, a rear deflector installed, and just today ordered the 2002 roof rack from Tim. I'll have the roof rack installed as soon as I receive it, but now I wonder if I should add side steps to make it look more SUVish. By the way, I just traded in my Odyssey minivan for this classy vehicle, so I was doubly insulted.
My husband laughed at my reaction:D

·
Registered
681 Posts
AcurazOnly4me,

Ignore those dorks and enjoy your new ride :) They probably do not know left from right ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
WHY would you care what others think? Having someone call your MDX a minivan isn't that big of a deal. Get over it. And, its only a car/truck/SUV/minivan.....whatever.

I'm more than happy with mine, which for me, is more important than what others think.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I think the MDX looks a little "minivanish" without the roof rack. That was my very first "mod" I bought from Tim.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Don't worry...

about what they think. We all know it's cool :cool: . They were probably real young anyway and didn't know what they were saying. Just enjoy your new cool ride and don't worry about the world. ;) You know what I mean. :confused:

Lmeans

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
AcurazOnly4me said:
OK, I'm very upset about something that happened about an hour ago. My husband was filling up the tank at the gas station and I was sitting in the front passenger seat waiting. A car drove right past my beautiful Redrock MDX, and both young guys inside slowed down, stared, then craned their necks as they drove by. I was thinking to myself, "Yep, this is definitely a cool ride, so go ahead and gawk". The car drove around to the other side of the pump and the driver asked my husband a question (which I couldn't hear). When my husband hopped in, I asked him what those guys said. I was sure those guys said something like, "Wow, what kind of a car is that! It rocks!". But instead, they asked "Is that a SUV or a MINIVAN?!!!!!" Can you believe it! What a couple of dorks! Let me explain that I have a Premium w/navi, a rear deflector installed, and just today ordered the 2002 roof rack from Tim. I'll have the roof rack installed as soon as I receive it, but now I wonder if I should add side steps to make it look more SUVish. By the way, I just traded in my Odyssey minivan for this classy vehicle, so I was doubly insulted.
My husband laughed at my reaction:D
Hey..Next time those doofus give you grief again...Tell them this- "Look butt-face it may be a mini-van to you but this "mini-van" can kick YOUR piece of sh*t 0-60 and out run you in busy traffic and mountain roads on ANY given day."

fireblade6
"Life Begins at 180MPH"

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
AcurazOnly4me,

Those guys were really pretty dumb. If it really were a minivan, you would have been sitting there on your cell phone with 3 or 4 kids jumping or screaming in the two back rows with a soccer sticker on the back windshield!!!:D :D

·
Registered
928 Posts
what's wrong with a minivan?

hey, what is wrong with a minivan? my 'dx is whatever i choose it to be, everything, but the plane or jet ski. ;) hoping for some add-ons there. otherwise, it rocks on.
certainly, my ideal utility would have been a mounted 25mm gatling gun on top, but otherwise enjoy your Multi-Demensional X-trainer (sports sedan, an suv, a minivan?) :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
At least they had to ASK. If they were looking at the Mercedes M-Class, it wouldn't have even been a question; it would be like, "check out that minivan."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts