Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, not technically yet, but just put a 1000.00 deposit down on an MDX, SS Touring w/Navi. Nothing added and MSRP. Build date is supposedly mid July, with delivery in late Aug(?).

Woowhoo!

Thanks to all for the inspiration and tips/answers/camraderie.

Regards,

JohnW
:D :D :D

·
681 Posts
Good Taste!

Congratulations on your purchase, it'll be tough waiting, I know. Obviously you have great taste, since your choice is identical to my RoadRunner:2: - except that it's a 2002 and you don't have a wooden RoadRunner on the dashboard.
Meep Meep

·
Registered
671 Posts
Congrats, John! I don't understand, though. Why do you have to wait? I was in my Acura dealership the other day and I off-handedly mentioned that it sure would be nice to have an MDX and the sales manager said he had a red one coming on the next truck (this was on a Friday). I told him that I'd take it and stopped in on Monday after work for delivery. I love this car - it rides like my TL-S but is much higher up! I already added side steps, cargo net, and cd changer.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
JohnW said:
Well, not technically yet, but just put a 1000.00 deposit down on an MDX, SS Touring w/Navi. Nothing added and MSRP. Build date is supposedly mid July, with delivery in late Aug(?).

Woowhoo!

Thanks to all for the inspiration and tips/answers/camraderie.

Regards,

JohnW
:D :D :D
Best of luck, try to push your salesperson the availability is getting better!!!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Response to John W

QUOTE]Originally posted by JohnW
Build date is supposedly mid July, with delivery in late Aug(?).

JohnW:D :D :D
[/QUOTE]

Delivery date of late August if build date is mid July does not sound correct. Mine, build date 5-21, should be delivered to me by the last of May or 1st few days of June. The sales rep did say they wanted to get it delivered if possible before June to make May's numbers. I ordered black, paid MSRP, and only added tow package.

They charged too much for the tow package $925 but I got it anyhow so that it and coolers would be included in 5/50000 warranty. Other accessories will be purchased at other than the dealer.
:D :D :D [/B][/QUOTE]

·
Registered
166 Posts
If you're not in any hurry, then it's no big deal to wait IMHO...
In my case, I was looking for a specific color so I contacted a ton of dealers all over & found that it's possible to get one pretty fast (if your color is still being made :rolleyes: ). Although mine was discontinued, I managed to find what I was looking for out of state but I lucked out.

Current colors are fairly easy to locate in California or Texas; here in Arizona, I was on a 2 month wait list...

Good luck!

·
Registered
671 Posts
I guess I've never bought a car that I didn't want right away!

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Welcome aboard!

We waited almost three months; but as the say time flys when your having fun - post away:2:

You can always try to hit Senior status BEFORE it gets here:4:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Re: Good Taste!

roadrunner said:
Congratulations on your purchase, it'll be tough waiting, I know. Obviously you have great taste, since your choice is identical to my RoadRunner:2: - except that it's a 2002 and you don't have a wooden RoadRunner on the dashboard.
Meep Meep
roadrunner, your a funny guy.

Congratulations JohnW.
Oh the joy of waiting for something soooo good.
Harry

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I echo RoadRunner on the choice of color:D

But, congrats and the wait will worth it ;)

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
John,

Congrats!!!!

Nice color!! I love SS as well. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts