Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
marjenmiller, I think your assessment of the RX is right on. What's really crazy about this "luxury vehicle" is that the Luxury package must be included to get real leather seats! About the only thing the RX has going for it is its projected reliability over the MDX and the Q7. That didn't move the decision-making meter for me.

·
Registered
2017 MDX Tech - Crystal Black Pearl/Black
660 Posts
I would get the GX if the gas mileage was bet and the price was lower. It feels more stately and solid. I was this close to pulling the trigger on it. The MDX is more pragmatic for the money and still a nice truck.

We also have a current model RX and previously owned the prev gen RX hybrid. Those cars are just Rock solid, but seating materials wear out before the car does .

·
Registered
152 Posts
similar process to what we went through. Our focus was on hybrids, but the end result was the MDX sport hybrid and I do agree with the + and -. Although the screen after getting used to it is better than a lot of reviews give it. At least with the Advance package the front camera somewhat overcomes the hood. And we are used to the tall hood from our 2500 pickup.
One thing that we did like (and will likely disapear on the refresh) is the CD player. Putting our Music on the HD, but we do use books on tapes from the library when traveling.

And another MDX downside is only ONE usb port available for the info system. Even my 2015 truck has all the usb ports (8) available for the info system, along with an SD card slot for audio.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Q7 is on our short list, but waiting on the 4th gen MDX to drop before we make any decisions. In our house we're sort of sensitive to the image that the German prestige brands project, it's not our jam. The near luxury MDX has always been a favorite since our first one back in 2004.
From what I hav been told by my Service Advisor, the new MDX is due out sometime this year. Kind of anxious to see what they are going to do with it. They did a really nice job with the RDX, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see! 🤠

·
Registered
2 Posts
Stearing wheel is an easy fix. The seat memory module is an old software version. Replace it and all will be fine.
But like elvisfan said you will do what you want. But I suspect you will find similar issues with the Lexus. Have tou gone to their forums and nosed around? As these cars get more gadgets they also get more prone to failures. Heck my antique Suzuki has only had one issue in 13 years. But it has far fewer creature comforts too.
I have the steering wheel issue and my car is out of warranty - how much does it cost to repair at the dealer?

·
Registered
543 Posts
2020 Q7 is already refreshed. I would have gone with the 2019 if I bought today. 2020 is a totally new engine.
And infotainment system is now all touch screen. Funny how German brands were so opposed to touch screens in the beginning because they aren't safe (u physically have to take your eyes off the road to touch icons on the screen) and now that distracted driving is becoming a real safety concern they move all in on touch screen.

At least acura had the right idea with the new interface in the RDX even if they need a few years to work all the kinks out. That is ultimately where I see things going in the long haul, interface u can operate from the steering wheel or touch without looking down at it, along with HUD and a screen high on the dash

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

61 - 68 of 68 Posts