Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
marjenmiller, I think your assessment of the RX is right on. What's really crazy about this "luxury vehicle" is that the Luxury package must be included to get real leather seats! About the only thing the RX has going for it is its projected reliability over the MDX and the Q7. That didn't move the decision-making meter for me.

·
Registered
2017 MDX Tech - Crystal Black Pearl/Black
657 Posts
I would get the GX if the gas mileage was bet and the price was lower. It feels more stately and solid. I was this close to pulling the trigger on it. The MDX is more pragmatic for the money and still a nice truck.

We also have a current model RX and previously owned the prev gen RX hybrid. Those cars are just Rock solid, but seating materials wear out before the car does .

·
Registered
135 Posts
similar process to what we went through. Our focus was on hybrids, but the end result was the MDX sport hybrid and I do agree with the + and -. Although the screen after getting used to it is better than a lot of reviews give it. At least with the Advance package the front camera somewhat overcomes the hood. And we are used to the tall hood from our 2500 pickup.
One thing that we did like (and will likely disapear on the refresh) is the CD player. Putting our Music on the HD, but we do use books on tapes from the library when traveling.

And another MDX downside is only ONE usb port available for the info system. Even my 2015 truck has all the usb ports (8) available for the info system, along with an SD card slot for audio.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts