Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i recently purchased the PIAA extreme white plus bulbs, the only "hid like" bulbs to fir the stock low beam wattage of 51 watts for my mdx. However, the PIAA sight said these bulbs reach 4150 kelvin in light color, but apparently since the 51 watt bulb is lower wattage than the industry "standard" of 55 watt, the extreme white pluses only offer 4000 k illumination, similar to the sylvania silverstars and razo bulbs. If anyone can, please include a link to a thread that has pictures of installed razo bulbs. But what i am wondering is, how 4300k stage I true hid bulbs put out a bluish color light when looked straight on, with color temp from 4200-4300 k and most halogen bulbs that reach this temp safely such as the 4150 k piaa bulbs only appear a brilliant white. Most halogen bublbs need to exceed 4300 k to begin putting out a blue light, such as the new razo premium white plus or something that shine at 4550 k. Any input would go great lengths to helping us this stumped owner. By the way, i will be putting up pics in the next few days, comparing hids to the extreme whites. THanks :werd:

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts