Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the four-door trims from Tim. Great price on the hardware and shipping!

This accessory (P/N P/N 08E12-TZ5-200A) is listed for 2017 only. I compared this one vs. the two-door version and could not see the difference (particularly the front trims). Perhaps the trim dimensions are different for 2017 vs 2014. Also, the electrical configuration may be different? I called and asked Tim regarding the trim sizes. He told me they have the same size. I took a gamble and ordered it. If this accessory won't work on our 2014, someone will be able to pick this one up for a very discounted price from me :grin: .

I installed the trims in our '14 MDX base. Lots of removing plastic panels/facade to gain the electric access. Installation was easy. It took me about 3 hours to complete the job. The ACURA lights up when you open the door. Looks great. No added performance just more bling.

I assume this accessory will fit on the 2015 & 2016 model years. I am not sure why Acura list this accessory for 2017 only? Is it for its exclusivity?

If you are thinking about it, go for it! >:)

______
oh just noticed I forgot to remove the protective film on the trims.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts