Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have run various ignition systems by Mallory, Accel and MDS on prior vehicles I have owned (most recently my 2010 Ford Fusion Sport; Mallory Hy-Fire AT6 with Accel SuperCoil Packs...on the Duratec 3.5L it has). I will argue that despite what some will claim as being unnecessary, the addition of these devices made a noticeable difference in performance. I was able to source the items under the application for a Mazda6, which is essentially the same vehicle.....as they weren't "officially" available for the Fusion....

The J37 engine, being similar in function to the Duratec 3.5L, should respond to the addition of a similar setup......I'm assuming? Has anyone had any experience with hi-performance coil packs or an add-on ignition system, for the Acura J37 engine? Maybe for another vehicle, such as the TL or ZDX.... I'm just looking to upgrade the performance of this vehicle, and it's relatively difficult to find anything, outside of other individual owners experimenting likewise, that is marketed for the MDX. Thx!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts